PTSD Treatment Near Millbury
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is able to disturb your life and make it challenging to function. Thankfully, expert treatment can make a difference. If you’re ready to deal with traumatic past experiences and progress in your life, contact The Counseling Center At Millbury at 508-433-3866 today. We offer dignified, skilled PTSD treatment near Millbury for teens, adults, and veterans in a safe location.
What Is PTSD?
The psychiatric disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder may present itself if you experience or witness a traumatic event or sequence of events.
This includes war, abuse or violence, sex-related aggression, grave accidents, natural catastrophes, bullying, or any other highly stressful or ongoing occurrence that threatens your overall welfare. Anyone can suffer from PTSD at any point in their life.
PTSD can be incapacitating when symptoms get in the way of living a normal, satisfying life. These symptoms can include
- Feeling stressed even when the events has long since passed
- Invasive thoughts and nightmares about the traumatizing occurrence
- Graphic flashbacks to the incident
- Repressing details of the past trauma
- Keeping away from reminders of the incident, such as people or places involved
- Feelings of mortification or blaming oneself
- Continual fear and suspicion
- Poor concentration
- Easily agitated or startled
- Constantly on the defensive and mistrustful
- Trouble sleeping
- Anger and irritability
- Lack of interest in activities once enjoyed
- Withdrawing from family and friends or feelings of isolation
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Feeling emotionally numb or hopeless
Many people suffer these sorts of symptoms in the time period after a traumatic event. With that being said, PTSD might also emerge years following the event. Certain individuals can even suffer from PTSD by learning that another person -- like a family member or a close friend -- went through a life-altering incident. You might have PTSD if your symptoms persist beyond a month and prevent you from functioning as you typically would.
If you struggle with PTSD, the compassionate therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Millbury want to help. Our proficient staff understands what you’re facing and has experience helping others like you cope with PTSD. Contact us at 508-433-3866 immediately to schedule an evaluation and talk about how we will help you get control over traumas from your past.
How Will The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
You can’t alter the reality that you have endured a traumatic event, but expert PTSD treatment near Millbury can halt it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center supplies specialized therapy and medication for PTSD as part of our broad mental health services. We’ll move forward at your own pace to help you heal from trauma and manage the symptoms of PTSD so you can lead a After we assess your medical history and symptoms, we’ll create a tailored care plan with evidence-based therapy and medicine to match your distinct needs for addressing PTSD. Call us at 508-433-3866 today to schedule the initial assessment and get started on your individualized PTSD treatment near Millbury.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Millbury
Speaking about your past trauma and emotions with a trained therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our therapists are aware of the sensitive nature of trauma and keep it in mind during conversations. Over the course of your treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to change unhealthy patterns of thought, acquire valuable coping techniques, and start to heal. Together, we can help you to a point where you’re not just making it through but growing in spite of past experiences.
The skilled therapists at The Counseling Center use many kinds of PTSD therapy near Millbury. We will suggest the therapies we believe will best accommodate your needs. These may include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that looks at how traumatic events have influenced all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify thought patterns that are preventing you from healing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to develop coping skills for dealing with the adverse emotions stemming from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to find the inner motivation, so you can make the beneficial changes to promote healing and living a healthy life
Using Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can lead to several physical and mental symptoms that make life difficult. There are some symptoms that can be controlled with the correct medications when paired with PTSD therapy near Millbury. Our skilled medical personnel will get together with you to determine when medication is required and recommend the appropriate medicine for you. We’ll also make necessary adjustments and are always available to answer questions to ensure your medicine remains safe and beneficial for you.
Why Come To Our Millbury PTSD Treatment Center?
There’s no need to struggle alone with PTSD. The Counseling Center is available to guide you, and we supply the highest-quality care possible to help you reach your goals for handling your triggers and trauma. All that we do at our PTSD treatment center near Millbury prioritizes you as the patient. That includes:
- Certified, skilled clinicians and therapists
- Evidence-based techniques and medications for PTSD
- Care customized for you
- Multiple options of mental health care
- Conveniently located near Millbury
- Hybrid schedules with telehealth appointments available
- Most insurance plans welcomed
- Advanced treatment for co-occurring drug or alcohol disorders
- Empathetic, respectful care
Get PTSD Treatment Near Millbury
If you suffer from PTSD, you deserve help. Reach out to us at 508-433-3866 or fill out the following form, and we will respond immediately to discuss PTSD treatment. We’re always available, irregardless of the time or day. We are standing by to help you today.